Monday, January 4, 2010

Photo of the Day #4: Machu Picchu

This is a post that is long overdue...about 15 months overdue that is. One of the best things about living in Peru was the opportunity to travel. And although we didn't travel as much as Mama would have liked, we did go twice to the Sacred Valley. For those of you not in the know, the Sacred Valley is the region of Peru that houses Cusco and Machu Picchu. In September 2008, Mama, Dada, our friends Kiren and Alyssa, and yours truly headed on down to MP to see what all the hype was about. And let me tell you, it truly does deserve to be one of the Wonders of the World. Set atop a mountain ridge that would make you dizzy and with the emerald green Andes as its backdrop, Machu Picchu is spectacular and everyone should see it at least once (maybe even twice!) in their lifetime. I know that I'll go back...and next time I'm hiking the Inca Trail! Who's game? Shall we say 2028?

Here I am with Dada on the grounds of the bed and breakfast where we stayed in the Sacred Valley. When (notice that I did not say if?) you go, you must stay at the Hosteria Rumichaca.

Tia Alyssa and I on the train to Machu Picchu. Look! You can see my reflection in the window.

Mama, Dada and I at MP

I wanted to climb to the top of Huayna Picchu (the mountain in the background) but Mama and Dada wouldn't let me. So I had to settle for climbing to the top of this rock.

Tia Kiren and I- she loves me.

Taking a well-deserved nap- it isn't easy carrying your pregnant mother up and down the steep terraces of Machu Picchu.

1 comment:

Lane said...

Sabastian - it is so good to have your blogging more. I miss your wonderful commentary.
~Lane (Tia Linsey's sister)