Saturday, April 21, 2007

Welcome to my blog

Hi everyone, and greetings from Lima...

You may be asking what took me so long to start a blog, but keep in mind that I am not yet 4 months old. All the rest of you were doing at 4 months was soiling yourselves. Not to be mean or anything...

Anyway, I should start with a few photos from my earliest times. None pre-December 27 (do NOT forget my birthday... it is very significant to me and it should be to you too). If you are wondering about that earliest time, think of a more claustrophobic Waterworld in a tropical climate during a 9-month solar eclipse. And a more interesting plot and better acting...





OK... I will include 2 photos of my parents on the way and at the hospital. That's mommy on the left.





Daddy may have a hard time explaining this picture, but I believe him for now.







Anyway, I was born in Peru and had a full head of hair. I was also surprised to see how handsome my parents were. You can see too (right)

Next is Daddy... he's holding me (I'm the little football) the day after I was born. If you look close, you can see one of Daddy's soccer battle scars on his right cheek. Peruvians like to play a bit rough (or dirty).


I was so comfortable at the hospital, in fact, that I really did not want to leave. You can see how unhappy I was when they told me we had to check out and go home. Also note how small my head is - tons of space inside the head rest - believe you me... I've got a big melon now.

Life is good and Mommy and Daddy always stick a camera in my face. I haven't gotten out too much (until recently), but I promise to give any visitors a grand tour of Lima.

By the way, don't let Peruvian immigration officials fool you... I really am an American regardless of their bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo. For those who don't know the story, Peruvian officials did not want to let me leave and go to visit my family in Colombia because I only had a U.S. passport. They demanded that I have a Peruvian passport because they claimed me as a citizen. I know I am handsome and all, but geez... Get your own citizens!

Anyway, I've grown up a bit since these early shots, so I want to share a few more shots of me as I mature. Believe it or not, I am already more mature than my Tio Luis!






That's me yawning... it is tiring to be a baby.









There I have Daddy's nose. I still haven't given it back.



That's me when the cops busted me for being too cute. I was so scared I pooped myself.





And here is me and Mommy on a fun day out. Mommy is particularly pleased. (She wasn't getting out much.)



Also, in case you didn't know. I like to sleep (see above). In a myriad of bizarre positions. While I don't curl up like a tree frog anymore, it is nice to reminisce...



One more thing... just want to give a shout out to that fine West Virginia University basketball team. 2007 NIT Champions! I burned my diapers in celebration.




Finally, allow me to add one little video to greet you. More videos will become available in the future. This is just a quick hi! Check back for more updates.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sebastian. You are crazy handsome and what an adventurous life you have! Perhaps a girlfriend and I can come meet you...? Maybe when you've grown a bit taller (say in US Fall '07)...

Unknown said...

Dear Sebastian (or should I refer to you as Baby Einstein--after all, you are a genius and you're only 4 months old),

I can only imagine how busy you must be with a blog an all. It's not easy adjusting to life and trying to figure out the best stategies for handling mommy and daddy. Don't give up--figuring them out could take a while longer, but rest assured, you will!

They are truly wonderful people, so do be patient with them--parenting is not an easy business. Remember to forgive and forget if they happen to misinterpret the instructions in one of those baby how-to books. They seem to be doing a great job, at least it looks that way from the pictures. I really can't remember when I've seen them look so happy.

I can't wait to meet you. In the meantime, I'm tickled pink (a funny expression you may not be familiar with--ask your folks) when I view your pictures.

Congrats on the wonderful blog site. I look forward to reading the next update and watching you grow.

Love from your "auntie" rebecca

Anonymous said...

I have to say Sebastian I sure did enjoy reading your blog while waiting for my copy editor to get done with my sports page. I'm just wondering when you will come up here to old Twisp and relieve me so that I can go gallavanting around the world with your mama. Give grandpa a big slobbery kiss and hug for me - I kind of miss his skinny butt. Love your coolest auntie Lilly

Anonymous said...

parece que Gaitán, como buen miembro de la familia sabe que no solamente es lindo sino también inteligente. esta tía te espera en ny, solo o acompañado.

Anonymous said...

Hello sweet Sebastian! Thank you for taking the time to create a blog for us to enjoy! You are simply adorable and we can't wait to meet you in person. Tell you mom and dad that they are doing a fantastic job with you! You look wonderful.

Love, hugs, kisses, and more hugs,

Tio Ramiro, Auntie MK, Ramiro John, and Conor