Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day in the Motherland

Surprise! Two blog entries in as many days! You must all think that you've won the lottery. Anyhow, I just wanted to give you a quick update on how we spent Mother's Day #2 here in the Motherland. First, Dada and I let Mama sleep in. She slept for 3 straight hours! I couldn't believe it. I mean, that is three hours less that she got to spend with me on the holiest of all days. While she was sleeping, however, I did get to hang out with my super cool cousins, Alicia and Alejandro, and my Tio Juan.



My prima Alicia and I. Aren't we adorable?




Tio Juan and I hanging out in our pajamas.

After Mama and Tia Kitty (who isn't pictured here but deserves mad props for being Super Mom) woke up and had a couple cups of coffee, we all headed down to the Botanical Gardens near the Capitol Building. If you have never been, then you shouldn't wait any longer. A little piece of the jungle/forest/desert exists right in the middle of downtown DC. But my favorite part was the scent exhibit. It was almost too much for my young olfactory system to handle!


The Botanical Gardens (with Capitol Building to the left)


The celebrated lady and I. Doesn't she look refreshed? It's amazing what 3 extra hours of sleep can do.


The scent garden


Some beautiful orchids


Mama and I acting up


The main atrium- a baby could get lost in here.


My primos, Alicia and Alejandro, and I learning a bit about the nature around us.


A close-up of yours truly

Dada deserves special mention because even though it was Mama and Dada's anniversary as well (4 years!), he ceded all honors and spoils to Mother's Day. Smart move, if you ask me. And last but not least, Abuelito Pablo deserves a special shout-out since it was his birthday also!


The original tree hugger in action

Until next time,

Baby Sebastian

2 comments:

lis said...

You do look refreshed, Mrs.!!!! :) And I must say Sebastian, you are looking more and more like your Mum, everyday!!!!

Unknown said...

I hope you are enjoying the vacation, oh, I mean training, but isn't it about time to return to Peru! There is Spiderpig stuff that has fallen by the wayside in your absence.