Saturday, February 9, 2008

My birthday - belated




Hi all,





Now, I don't want you to think this post title means my parents forgot my birthday because they didn't. Heck, I know you all celebrated my Bday in your own special ways. What is belated is only this update. One of many belated updates I need to post.






Anyway, here in Peru we celebrated in style, with lots of amigos and their parents over to my casa for a rocking party. Unfortunately, my parents nixed the idea of vodka-infused cake. What can I say, they are super square. This photo here is a small slice of my guests, all roaming and playing and having a merry time. Really, December 27 is truly a day for celebration.






But wait, there's more (and I am not talking about a second set of steak knives, free... though you can help yourselves to my parents' set if you really want some). Most importantly, there's me doing my happy dance while the gang sang Happy Birthday. Now, just because I hadn't had a birthday before doesn't mean I didn't know the song. I am a very popular guest at toddler birthdays, I'll have you know.






Now, the cake was pretty good. It was a carrot cake and both sweet, yummy, and comparatively healthy. However, I need to tell you about a much more important, and tasty, discovery. They're called "cookies". Specifically, "chocolate chip cookies". Now that may be a silly name, and definitely way too long. But, you can call them whatever you want so long as I can have an endless supply of them. I demand these treats on a regular basis. Again, let me state that these things are awesome and you should definitely try them. You won't be disappointed.






Anyway, more photos and cute dialogue. Here's what every parent wants -- a cute photo with their child on their birthday. I've got a big smile b/c I am still thinking about those cookies.









Meanwhile, every child wants a super cool trike on their birthday! Thanks Abuelitos Pablo and Olga!



Well, thanks for checking in! My birthday was awesome. Best one I've had so far. Of course, it woulda been better had all my friends from around the globe been able to join me. Maybe next year. For now, I say ADIOS. And, please, do not forget to try cookies. They are really, really good!



XOXO,

The 1 year old Sea Bass

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello you super cute baby! It seems that we have more than our good looks and razor sharp wit in common, we share an affinity for cookies as well. As soon as you convince your slacker parents to send you on over to Albania, I'll start cookie up a cookie storm!

Besos,
Tia Elizabeth